Most important qualities of a successful new agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most important qualities of a successful new agent

I think the most important qualities for a successful new agent are self resilience and always being willing to learn and figure things out by themself.

This is especially true if you are joining any sort of team structure. Usually the brokerage or team lead will be able to source clients and may loop you in to assist in return for a discretionary split if you are helpful.

I think the key thing to realize is that you want to be helpful. Remember the team lead or broker is licensed and capable of just doing the deal by themself. They didn't have to loop you in. The only reason they did was so you could be helpful.

As as a result, try to be helpful and self reliant! That means figuring things out and just running with it, without asking a million questions. Think about it, if you are looped in and all you do is be needy, ask a ton of questions and require constant handholding, why would your team lead even bother? Wouldn't they just ask someone else to help? Or do it themselves?

Lastly, part of being a team player even if you're just running with a deal is to always keep you team in the loop. That means copying on all emails and maybe even group texting with the client. Good luck!

Agree with the above, but with a caveat that you don't want new agents running around who don't know what they're doing.

But most brokerages will have a training program, some online that you can take at your own pace. Obviously go through that in detail and Google anything you can't figure out. If that doesn't work, ask away in this forum or stop by your manager's office hours if they hold them.

The Hauseit blog is also a pretty deep resource. I would read as much as you can. Remember, you can find the answer to anything on the internet these days. Be self reliant!

Comment

The important qualities that a real estate agent must have are:

- Honesty
      - Knowledge
      - Proactive
      - Communication
      - Detail Focused

Every client has his or her own dream real estate agent wish list. But they are among the qualities most frequently cited by clients and industry writers as being among the most important. To become a real estate broker in Essex county NJ it is important to have all these qualities!
      Last edited by DorrisPurcell; 10-10-2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

This is what my friend wanted to share: Most experienced agent do not want to bother with newer agents. When I first started, over two years ago, I was with a different company (New York’s largest real estate company at the time) and I remember asking some of the older agents for help.

Comment

Working...
        X