Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with Exceleras offer management software in NYC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have experience with Exceleras offer management software in NYC?

My buddy who's an agent at one of the bigger firms in NYC sent this to me, never seen it before either, as offers are typically negotiated directly between a listing agent and a buyer's agent, with no software in the middle. Has anyone seen anything like this before? Personally, I'm not a fan of having to register for some 3rd party software just to be able to submit an offer. What's the point of a listing agent then?

Just curious if anyone else has experience on how to use this, I've been in the city for over a decade and this is the first time I've seen something like this.

Dear Agent,

An offer has been accepted by the seller with the following details:
    Offer Price: $750,000
    Buyer’s Agent: First Last
    Property Address: 123 Fifth Avenue Apt 5, NEW YORK NY 10025
    Buyer Name: Donald Frump
    You can manage this offer online
    under the Buyer Agent Offers tab.

Thank you.

(Note: If your email program does not allow you to click links, please copy the link and paste it into your browser's address bar.)
    Select Portfolio Servicing has issued a preliminary acceptance of the offer identified above.

In order to execute this agreement, Select Portfolio Servicing requires a written Real Estate Purchase Contract (REPC), SPS Addendum to Real Estate Purchase Contract, copy of earnest money, mortgage commitment, loan approval, proof of funds and all required seller, state or local disclosures signed by the buyer. All afore mentioned documents must be executed by the buyer and received within 48 hours of the preliminary acceptance of the offer. The property is to remain listed in MLS and any other marketing publications currently being utilized until you receive notification of seller’s final acceptance.

This Agreement is Not Binding Until all Documents are Executed By Seller.

Notwithstanding any verbal acknowledgment by Seller or any agent of Seller, Purchaser acknowledges and agrees that the Agreement is not binding on Seller unless and until approved by Sellers management and The REPC , required disclosures and the SPS Addendum to Real Estate Purchase is executed by all parties. The date of execution by Seller the SPS Addendum to the REPC shall be referred to herein as the 'Seller Acceptance Date'. Notwithstanding Sellers acceptance, Purchaser acknowledges and agrees that the Property is subject to prior sale or withdrawal from the market by Seller at any time.

Please direct any inquiries regarding this notification to the Select Portfolio Servicing asset manager responsible for this property.

Here's another example that I've seen, when a seller counters through the system:
    Dear Agent,
    An offer has been countered by the seller with the following details:
    Offer Price: $800,000
    Listing Agent: Pebbles O'Brian
    Property Address:123 Fifth Avenue Apt 5, NEW YORK NY 10025
    Buyer Name: Donald Frump
    You can log to see the offer details
    You can manage this offer online under Buyer Agent Offers tab.
    All counters are subject to final approval and are not considered binding. The property will continue to be marketed and offers will be collected during the counter offer period. At the expiration of the counter offer deadline noted below, SPS reserves its rights to accept another Buyer's offer without countering again should it determine that the new Buyer's offer is higher or better.The deadline to submit your Buyer's offer is 2/15/2019 11:59:00 PM Mountain Standard Time. A reply to the Counter Offer must be received within this timeline for your buyer's offer to be considered. Thank you.

Comment

I've been in the real estate game for a while too, and it's definitely unusual to see this kind of third-party software involved in the offer process. It can feel like an unnecessary hurdle to jump through, especially when you're used to the more direct negotiations between agents. Personally, I prefer the good old-fashioned approach where agents work together without any software in the middle. However, I have to admit that technology has its benefits. In fact, I recently started using teamwork management software in my marketing agency, and it has been a game-changer. It streamlined our processes, improved collaboration, and made things a lot more efficient.

Comment

Working...
      X