Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why listing NY agents do not show their listing unit without buyer agents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why listing NY agents do not show their listing unit without buyer agents?

I do not want to ask any agent for working for me until I make an offer. I know NYC agents are busy. But listing agents did not show their listing units because I do not have an buyer agent.
    Last edited by m_togashi; 08-16-2018, 02:22 PM.

Hi Mina, I just answered your other question. If you already have a listing agent, why don't you have them help you on the buy side as well? Especially if they're doing work for you already, I'm certain they'd really appreciate it if you would work with them on the buy side as well, instead of cutting them out.

In fact, to make their lives easier, why don't you just go to open houses by yourself first, and then connect with your agent once you're ready to make an offer? This will save them a lot of time especially if they're busy with selling your place.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

For me, the most important realization I made as a home buyer was to not allow listing agents to boss me around. I simply cannot not believe how arrogant and presumptuous many of the listing agents in NYC are. They literally walk and talk as if they own all of Lower Manhattan, when in reality they probably don't even own an apartment in NYC!

As a buyer, it helped me to constantly remind myself that I am the one writing the check. If I want to see an apartment as a serious home buyer, I'm entitled to see it. No listing agent is allowed to obstruct my home search process for pedantic gamesmanship about the status of my buyer agent!

Comment

Working...
      X