Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you remove price and sale history from your property listing online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you remove price and sale history from your property listing online?

I noticed that the price history for my unit from all the way back in 2007 is showing on multiple websites such as the New York Times, StreetEasy etc. Does the purchase history of this unit have to be shown in our listing? I don't think it's really relevant as it's been over 10 years now.

How do we remove this price data from our Agent Assisted FSBO listing?

Thank you!

P.S. I can imagine this being a more serious issue if you have seller clients that have a really low purchase price back in the day that they'd rather not advertise. After all, why make future buyers feel like you're making such a capital gain on them?

Great question! Unfortunately, it's not possible to remove your unit's price history and recorded sale data. It's not something we have any control over as the data is part of a feed from the MLS/RLS that contains all historical information for a building, unit etc.

Furthermore, many public search websites maintain their own price & listing history data and even source recorded sale data from public records such as ACRIS. This proprietary data on third party websites we'd have even less control over, and those websites have never and will never agree to have less information on their websites.

Comment

Working...
    X