Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the buyer's agent schedule showings for the buyer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the buyer's agent schedule showings for the buyer?

Hey guys,

Just wanted to check in on something. We saw an apartment yesterday (I don't think we want to pursue this one) but the agent mentioned that typically your partner buyer's brokers, as our agents, would have reached out to him, instead of us doing so directly. Is that right? And is that the way you would like to proceed? I don't want to create extra work for you all, but also don't want to create confusion, and potential resentment, from other agents, since we saw what happened with Michael from 2460 because I had seen the property with the him directly several times. Let me know and thanks!

Hadi

Hi Hadi, this is a fantastic question!

Generally yes, it’s more normal for agents to reach out to listing agents to schedule private showings on their client’s behalf. However, many listing agents won’t make a big fuss out of this if it’s just an initial showing. However, it’s definitely better etiquette for second showings if you are more serious to have your agent schedule it for you.

With that said, since some of the listings you’re interested in are in the Bronx and upper Manhattan, we recommend having your buyer's agent schedule private showings for you. This is because many of the listing agents, especially in areas of the Bronx that are farther away from Manhattan, are not REBNY members and therefore may not automatically co-broke with buyer's agents. In these situations, it’s definitely better for your buyer’s agent to schedule showings for you.

However, for open houses you are free to stop by unaccompanied and just write our partner broker's names down on the sign in sheet. Buyers often find open houses to be much easier, as it doesn’t require an appointment and there are no penalties for not showing up.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
    X