X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resetting my listing days on market count in NYC

Kindly note:

My listing with a broker has expired.

But on Streeteasy it says: TEMPORARILY OFF-MARKET 2 DAYS AGO. This is wrong.

It should say: NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON STREETEASY 2 DAYS AGO. (As it does with #6O at the same address: NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON STREETEASY ABOUT 9 MONTHS AGO).

I have written at least 20 emails to fix this issue -- to no avail. Douglas Elliman says Streeteasy has to fix it and Streeteasy says Douglas Elliman has to fix it.

I want to use HAUSEIT next week and my question is:

Since it says TEMPORARILY OFF-MARKET, can I still be certain that the day count starts at zero (0) with your company?

If you want to look it up here is the address and of course there are the attachments for clarification.

Thanks a lot.

Hi, the day count will reset as long as you’re listed with a different broker. Since the partner broker you will be listed with will be different from your previous broker, your day count will reset. While we can’t control what third party websites ultimately do, we are happy to provide you with a full refund if for some reason your day count does not reset on the website you referenced.

We’ve also included a good article on how to relist your home in NYC and reset your day count.

Thank you!
    Too many days on market? Taking your listing off market to reset your day count? Here's how to relist your home in NYC and reset your days on market.

Comment

Hi team,

We would like to take down our listing. We will use some professional photos that we got through you guys when we re-list in a few weeks. They look stunning by the way.

What are the next steps to de-list? Do we need to contact our listing agent? What's the process for getting our listing back up again as new?

Thank you!

Comment

Hello Velma! We had another customer ask us the same thing, so here's our standard policy:

We’re happy to suspend your listing, but please note that the day count per our agreement as well as on many public websites will continue even when you’re off market.

We will de-list your property now and close out your support ticket. Please only reply to the ticket or open a new listing update ticket on our website when you’re ready to re-list, assuming you still have days left in your listing agreement.

Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the quick response! However, we really want our listing to appear as a new listing once we re-list with your partner broker, especially since we paid for new professional photographs.

How would we be able to reset the day count on our apartment's listing? Would we un-list completely and re-list again or how does that work?

Can't your partner brokers play around with the way our apartment number is spelled to trick some of these sites into resetting the day count?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Velma! Generally speaking, you would need to purchase a new Agent Assisted FSBO listing package, and be listed with a different partner broker for your property's days on market count to reset.

Third party public websites have their own rules, but some like StreetEasy will require a listing to be off market for at least three months before the day count can reset, the only exception being that the property is re-listed with a different broker. If an apartment is re-listed with a different broker, then there is no time limit and the day count resets immediately, because it truly is a new listing.

Unfortunately, we cannot condone the gaming of third party websites by asking our partner brokers write addresses in different formats, nor is this type of service included with the flat fee.

Comment

Hi. What is the process of resetting my days on market? I have had my apartment listed for approx 60 days and if it hasnt sold when that gets to around 100, i would like to reset the days on market on websites like streeteasy.com. I saw a faq on the website about this but just wanted to confirm a couple of things.

1) do i need to resubmit all the listing details like a new listing or can you just do it all on your end?
              2) is there any lag between taking the old listing coming down and getting the new listing up?
              3) is the cost the same as i paid initially to List it?
              4) will it be listed with a different affiliate broker or the same one?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thank you for your detailed question and for being a valued customer of our flat fee, self-service listing product!

1) If everything is exactly the same, then you don't need to. When you purchase a flat fee listing, please put in the order notes that you'd like a different partner broker and to use your previous listing details. You will also need to submit a separate listing update to de-list your existing listing.
                2) Up to two business days as usual for the new listing to syndicate and appear on 3rd party sites.
                3) Yes, you would need to purchase a new flat fee package on our website.
                4) It will be listed by a different partner broker to ensure that your listing's days on market will reset.

Comment

Hi, I have made several email and phone attempts to discuss important matter below, please submit this as a urgent request. I would like to deactivate the listing for 2 days and relist. Many of the experienced brokers and articles I read advised this.

Due to the stop in the market due to covid the house has been listed too long without any interest. It deters potential buyers when a house is listed for too long. For this reason please delist and relist to show as a new listing as well as less days on the market.

For any questions or concerns please call me. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you for your inquiry and for being a valued seller! As we have mentioned, the Agent Assisted FSBO service is a do-it-yourself listing with no phone or email support, which is part of the reason why we are able to keep the service essentially free (vs 6% of the sale price in broker commission) for all our customers. If you would like phone support, please consider one of our flat fee phone support packages on the Hauseit website.

In terms of de-activating your listing for a few days and then re-listing it, this is something unfortunately we are no longer able to offer. Due to the increased cost of business these days due to increased regulation, COVID and rising costs, we are no longer able to offer Assisted FSBO sellers the option of temporarily de-listing and re-listing within the term of their listing.

We would also like to point out that this is a futile exercise because many sites, such as StreetEasy, require a listing to be off-market for a minimum of 3 months before resetting the days on market count. The only exception is if it is re-listed with another broker.

Therefore, de-listing for 2 days and then re-listing it will not reset the days on market nor make it look like a new listing. The day count will simply resume, with 2 additional days added, once you re-list.

Thank you for understanding, and please feel free to ask any further questions in the forum. And as always, for all requests, updates or changes to your listing please use the listing update form on our website.

Comment

Hi, I would like to take my property off market for 2 days. This will reset the timer on zillow which is a huge source for search in my area.

I will also like to change the address when we relist slightly to hopefully achieve the same outcome on street easy. Thank you.

Comment

Hi N_Nadim, unfortunately this is not possible. You can submit a listing update to de-list your property, but once you do this your order is finished, and you would need to submit your listing details again and pay for a new listing package in order to list again later.

Please note that we cannot endorse changing your address slightly in order to try to confuse 3rd party websites as well as the MLS about it being a new listing. StreetEasy and the RLS in recent years have become quite strict about catching offenders, and in the case of the RLS / MLS even issuing fines and penalties for such attempts to game the system.

As discussed previously, simply re-listing your property after a few days will not reset your day count. Many 3rd party websites such as StreetEasy require a property to be off-market for 3 consecutive months before resetting the day count under the same listing broker.

Comment

Working...
                        X