Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing assistance and paperwork with FSBO sale

Hello,

I'm located in California and would like to know if your company can help me with facilitating a home sale.

I'm the owner and I've found a buyer.

Hope to talk to you soon,
    Yvette

Hi Yvette, thank you for reaching out to us! How did you find us all the way from California may we ask? All of our partner brokers are currently New York based, and licensed in New York.

With that said, if you've already found a direct buyer, then you don't actually need one of our partner brokers, regardless of which state you're in.

In New York, where attorneys are required for real estate transactions, you could simply hire a real estate attorney for a flat fee of two to three thousand dollars to negotiate the contract on your behalf. The buyer typically will have their own attorney who will negotiate on their behalf. You don't need a broker at all.

In California where real estate transactions typically don't involve lawyers because the purchase forms are standardized and "fill in the blank," Realtors typically guide buyers and sellers through the forms. However, since you've already found a direct buyer, you don't need a Realtor unless you can find one online who will guide you through it for a flat fee. Alternatively, find a flat fee transaction attorney who will help you paper over the transaction for a flat fee. You certainly don't need to pay a percentage in commission to anyway in this situation.

P.S. We've included a great article below on questions to ask prospective real estate attorneys before you hire them. Good luck and please let us know in this forum how your deal goes! Thanks!
    What are some important interview questions to ask your real estate attorney in NYC before you hire them to represent you on your home sale or purchase?

Comment

Working...
    X