Listing syndication and marketing exposure through Hauseit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listing syndication and marketing exposure through Hauseit

Hello guys, can you please tell me which websites you list to, unofficially? I know that you guys don't have control over third party websites, which is why you're probably hesitant to promise a list of a hundred different websites. Which property search websites really get traffic anyway in NYC?

Do listings syndicate from one place? Do certain sites only accept sales or only accept rentals?

Thank you for your inquiry Alexia! You're right in that we cannot officially list all of the websites we syndicate to as the syndication partners will change and because we do not have control over third party websites.

However, unofficially, here's the full list as of July 2020 for NYC customers, subject to change:

Syndication directly from RLS (REBNY Listing Service, main broker database in NYC): https://www.rlsny.com/syndication-partners

Syndication via Listhub (national syndication portal): https://www.listhub.com/publisher-list.html

Direct syndication from our RLS data vendor:
    https://www.realtymx.com/?page=marketing

Direct upload on StreetEasy
    .com

Note: Some sites may only accept rental listings, or only listings which have certain fields completed such as square footage.

Our partner brokers will make reasonable best efforts to market your property through the REBNY Listing Service as well as third party websites such as StreetEasy, Zillow and Trulia. You understand and agree that we do not have control over third party websites and that syndication errors and issues may occur. We will make best efforts to promptly correct any syndication issues or errors that may occur, but you agree and understand that neither Hauseit nor our partner brokers directly control content, including your listing, on third party websites and are therefore not liable for any errors or omissions.

Comment

I have a real estate agent friend whose firm uses Nestio as their RLS data broker or vendor, whatever you want to call it, and they have pretty similar syndication exposure. I think the key is for individual agents, you have to be a member of REBNY.

I know a lot of firms aren't strict about their individual agents joining REBNY in a timely manner. But you need to sign up for REBNY and put in your RLS ID in Nestio I believe for it to syndicate to those additional places (besides what Nestio syndicates directly to).

So for individual agents who use Nestio, here's the exposure breakdown when you upload a listing:

Direct from Nestio:
      Agorafy
      Apartments.com
      Brownstoner
      Hotpads
      NYBits
      Naked Apartments
      Padlister
      Placebee
      Streeteasy
      Trulia
      Zillow

Through the RLS (must be a REBNY Member and have RLS ID inputted in Nestio):
      https://www.rlsny.com/syndication-partners

Listhub (national syndication portal) - believe this syndicates via the RLS as well, so you need to be REBNY:
      https://www.listhub.com/publisher-list.html

Comment

In Westchester and other counties in the Hudson Valley the listing syndication is automatic and identical for everyone. That's because the HGMLS does all of the syndication automatically for member agents. Once a listing is entered into the Hudson Gateway MLS, it is automatically syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, LoHud (local newspaper) and ListHub. ListHub of course then syndicates the listing to 100 or so additional sites.

I would point out that it's not the number that counts. Don't let a high number of websites your listing is syndicated to impress you as most of these get very little traffic. In fact, only a small handful of consumer facing real estate websites will ever produce any inquiries.

I highly recommend reading the below article on why most "international" real estate advertisement and marketing is worthless.
        Is listing your home on international property websites worth it? Do foreign buyers looking for NYC properties actually search on these so called international real estate websites? We’ll explain in this article why most international real estate marketing is a scam, and what to do to attract overseas buyers.

Comment

Please note that as of 2020, the Hudson Gateway MLS (HGMLS) and the Long Island (MLSLI) have concluded their merger to form the OneKey MLS. This new MLS will cover all territory previously covered separately by the HGMLS and MLSLI, meaning both the Hudson Valley and Long Island will now be under one MLS.

Agents can still join either the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors (HGAR) or the Long Island Board of Realtors (LIBOR), but both regional Realtor associations will now use the OneKey MLS.

Furthermore, we've heard that the public facing search functions on hgar.co and mlsli.com are being deprecated, and consumers going forward should only use
          onekeymls.com to search for listings if they wish to use a public MLS search portal.

We have confirmed that listing syndication remains the same, meaning once listings are uploaded into the OneKey MLS, they will automatically be syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, LoHud and ListHub (a listings syndication company).

Comment

Working...
          X