How to handle follow on conversations with buyers and their agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to handle follow on conversations with buyers and their agents

Hi team, I have a flat fee MLS listing through you. I think that my flat fee listing broker is always the first point of contact, but am not sure how the subsequent ones are supposed to go. For example, with this one where the person wants to see it tomorrow/Wednesday and then potentially again next week, does all email traffic go to him and then he copies me on the response? Obviously we don't want the second showing to wait until next week.

Thanks

Laura

Hi Laura, great question! Once you are looped in on an initial inquiry, you are free to run with it. That means you are free to go ahead and schedule follow up showings, call etc. without copying us even if you don’t want. Of course, our partner brokers are always happy to be copied as it can show some cohesiveness to other agents.

The short answer is no, only the initial inquiries made from RLS and websites will go to our partner brokers, once you’re looped in you are free to take it from there as you wish!

Comment

Thanks. We are considering a renewal of the flat fee listing. We were hoping the apartment would be sold by now but that’s not the case.

Will you be sending in-bounds and follow-ups you receive from the folks that have seen the place from the last listing?

Lot of them don’t have my contact info, so it will only be through you.

Comment

Hi Vikas, you’ve been copied up every inquiry when your listing was live and it’s up to you to take it from there once an inquiry has been received. Follow ups are not included for the flat fee we're afraid.

If you’d like a more hands on service, please check out our 1% for Full Service listing!

P.S. If you're referring to the odd inquiry received after your listing has already expired, that is not covered by the service which only lasts for the length of your agreement. Furthermore, it would be highly dangerous for our affiliate to forward you broker inquiries after the fact, especially if the buyer's broker thinks they will still be owed commission when in fact the listing agreement has already expired!

Comment

Understood - am not expecting you or your partner broker to follow-up on your own. My question was around what if one of the parties we have shown the apartment to contact you directly and not copy me - I sure hope you will notify me then? Seems logical that you should inform us of any approach or inbounds from a previous party (ie originated when our contract with you was active).

Thanks

Comment

Hi Vikas, yes if it’s someone that has inquired while your listing was active, our partner brokers mentioned that they'd be happy to pass it along to you as a courtesy.

However, if you're referring to the odd new inquiry received after your listing has already expired, that is not covered by the service which only lasts for the length of your agreement. Furthermore, it would be highly dangerous for us to forward you new broker inquiries after the fact, especially if the buyer's broker thinks they will still be owed commission when in fact the listing agreement has already expired!

Comment

Regarding the last inquiry I received. I emailed him but have not received a response, would you please try to send him email to see if Friday showing is on?

Best,
              Alonso

Comment

Hi Alonso, please remember to reach out directly after our partner brokers loop you in on the initial inquiry. We recommend just calling the agent if there’s too much back and forth via email just to schedule a showing.

Please remember that neither we nor our partner brokers can offer any sort of scheduling, following up etc. for the self service option. Thank you!

Comment

This is on behalf of my friend Evelyn B. whom I referred to you guys. Can you make sure her text gets to the partner broker? They haven't responded yet and it's been a few minutes.

"Lynn (buyer's agent that scheduled to see my place yesterday) hasn't shown up for showing - she's not responding to email. Can you intervene?"

Comment

Hi Ryan and Evelyn, please remember that the flat fee service is an owner managed service. In order to keep this almost free for everyone, we cannot go beyond what is offered with the package (i.e. only the relaying of initial inquiries).

It’s up to you to take it from there once our partner brokers loop you in initially. If an agent is running late or you’re sending too many emails back and forth regarding scheduling, it’s always best to pick up the phone and call them!

Please remember that this package strictly consists of relaying the initial inquiry. We cannot offer phone or email support (or additional back and forth by email). Please remember to submit all updates or changes to your listing on the Hauseit website under “For Sellers”: Listing Update Request

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X