Complying With Local Law 133 as a Real Estate Owner in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complying With Local Law 133 as a Real Estate Owner in NYC

Just got this disturbing in the letter. I checked our "Notice of Property Value" letter on the NYC Department of Finance website and unfortunately our building is larger than 25,000 sq ft: "Gross Square Footage of the Suffix: 25,578"

My question is this. Does this Local Law 133 still apply to us if everyone has individual boilers, heating and cooling systems? We even have individual gas meters from Con Edison, not just individual electric meters. I read somewhere that perhaps you might be exempt from Local Law 133 if all units have individual HVAC units? Thanks!

March 29, 2019

Dear Sir or Madam,

According to Department of Finance records, you are the owner of a property that is required to comply with Local Law 133 of 2016 and failed to submit the total energy and water usage of your building(s) ("Benchmark") for the 2017 calendar year by the February 15th, 2019 deadline.

Subject Property:

Borough/Block/Lot:
    Address:

This information is required to be submitted annually no later than May 1. Continued failure to benchmark may result in violations on a quarterly basis and a penalty of $500 per quarter with a maximum of $2,000 per year.

Per Administrative Code 28-309.4, the 2018 calendar year consumption data is due May 1, 2019. To review compliance requirements please visit Mayor's Office of Sustainability website at www.nyc.gov/LL84.

For more information on benchmarking, including how to establish a Portfolio Manager Account and file a report, please reach out to the New York City Benchmarking Help Center by email at questions@benchmarkinghelpcenter.org or by phone at 212-566-5584.

Sincerely,
    Holly Savoia
    Director, Sustainability Enforcement
    Last edited by velma; 04-19-2019, 06:46 PM.
Working...
X