Sample NYC Co-op Tax Abatement Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample NYC Co-op Tax Abatement Letter

A friend shared this with me. Names of persons and organizations have been changed. Hope this helps!

Smith Johnsons
    Established 1983

John Stephenson
    Account Executive
    Phone: 212-529-118
    Fax: 646-111-2220
    E-mail: johns@gmail.com

November 19, 2018

To All Shareholders
    The Labyrinth Owners Corporation
    541 East 92nd Street New York, New York 10110

Re: 541 East 92nd Street, NYC Co-op tax abatement

Ladies and Gentlemen:

As has been the practice of the corporation in past years, credits related to the 2017/2018 NYC real estate tax abatement will be distributed to qualified shareholders on the December 2018 maintenance statements. An assessment in the amount of $5.01 per share will also appear on your December 2018 maintenance statement. For most shareholders, the credit will effectively offset the assessment. Credits due under the Star and Veteran abatement programs will also be distributed on the December 2018 statements.

Please remember the abatement program was modified in 2013 by state legislation that made it contingent on your use of the apartment as a primary residence. Those shareholders whom the city has determined do not occupy their apartments as their primary residence, no longer receive the abatement. Please remember that neither the Board of Directors nor management determines the abatement amount per shareholder; this is solely determined by the Department of Finance. If you have not received the abatement, and 541 East 92nd Street is your primary residence, please call me so I may assist you in completing the necessary forms to file with the City.

Please contact me with any questions.

Sincerely,

Smith Johnsons Residential Management LLC
    As Agent for 541 Labyrinth House Owners Corp.
    By John Stephenson, Account Executive
Working...
X