Advice on how to set your initial property listing price in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on how to set your initial property listing price in NYC

My wife has a second property that we are considering listing. A Realtor that Hauseit introduced me to suggested that I list it at $599,000 to get under certain key search thresholds. I initially suggested listing it at $608,000 because I don't want to lose money on the sale (I purchased it a year ago, it's been a really poor investment which I now regret).

This agent says I will probably sell it faster and for more by listing it at $599,000 vs just over $600,000. Any thoughts or other advice or tactics on setting your initial listing price on a home in NYC?

That's obviously correct. There are many search website thresholds that go up by increments of $100,000. So if you list at $608k then you'll miss all the folks who want something under $600k. It's such a stupid move no offense.

It's obviously much better to do $599k, you'll much more likely get $608k then listing it at $608k to start, and probably much faster execution as well. Price is the most important factor in real estate!

Comment

Working...
    X