Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When decreasing pricing of apartment, what approach will garner more exposure???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When decreasing pricing of apartment, what approach will garner more exposure???

Is it better to remove a listing from the MLS and repost as a new listing with the lower price, or just decrease the price on your existing listing? While I recognize the former is more inconvenient for our broker, which will attract more eyeballs?
    5th ave apt

Hauseit actually has a nice article on the topic of re-listing your home. Keep in mind that just because you decide to re-list it, the day count will not necessarily reset to 0. I believe many sites like SE for example require a property to be off market for 3 months, before it can be re-listed and the day count reset.

If that's the case, then it doesn't really matter whether you re-list and decrease the price, or just decrease the price.
    Too many days on market? Taking your listing off market to reset your day count? Here's how to relist your home in NYC and reset your days on market.

Comment

Assuming you cannot reset the listing's day count if you try to post it as new, then there's effectively no difference. Most search alerts will email buyers and brokers when a listing has a price decrease, just like people would get an email notification for a new listing that matches their search.

With that said, I know some brokers do try to go out of their way and game the system. But I also know that StreetEasy, Zillow etc. have been getting stricter and have been known to revert a listing to its old day count when this type of gimmick is caught. Plus you might get punished by these sites for trying to game with their data and system.

Not really worth it, just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
      X